Who do we represent?
PEKARNA PEČJAK, d. o. o.
The Pekarna Pečjak, d. o. o. bakery is the leading Slovenian company for the production of frozen products made of puff pastry, yeasted puff pastry, filo dough and potato choux pastry such as croissants, sweet strudels, salty strudels (burek), gnocchi, dumplings, etc. We have gained the confidence of consumers on the domestic market with the high quality of our products, straightforward and fast preparation, and above all- the excellent taste of products. With its active approach, Pekarna Pečjak d. o. o. managed to develop a high degree of trust by its customers in the quality of its products, which is being shown in the high sales numbers for frozen products. This was first achieved on the domestic market in Slovenia, where the company has a nearly 60 % market share.
The company strictly follows its motto “Dedicated to Quality”, in the field of a superior quality of its products as well as in the field of caring for the customer in terms of healthy and safe food. It constantly looks to improve the quality of existing products and develop new ones. The company invests a lot of effort in a genuine, personal contact with its customers and into a delivery service of the highest possible quality. It is the aim of Pekarna Pečjak d. o. o. to build a long-term business co-operation with its customers and suppliers, based on mutual respect and honesty, also taking into account their needs and wishes. Its suppliers view Pekarna Pečjak d. o. o. as a demanding, but reliable partner, which is reflected in the quality of its products.
We produce in compliance with the principles of the HACCP system and have also acquired the certificates for the ISO 9001/2008 , IFS(higher level) and HALAL standard. As the first bakery in Slovenia, we obtained the veterinarian oval stamp for the mass-production and export of products containing meat . We devote a great deal of attention to the protection of health of the consumers and the protection of the environment. We select only the highest quality ingredients; among other , 100% GMO Free ingredients, vegetable fats with the lowest possible content of trans fatty acids (below 1%), and no generic/fake ones.
Pekarna Pečjak d. o. o. is proud to say that their strongest preservative is cold!
We have an excellent track record working with the largest Slovenian retail chains in the areas of sale on store shelves and bake-off (in-store baking of frozen products). We also cooperate successfully with numerous large buyers such as those in hotel, restaurant and catering industries as we are capable of adapting to their specific requirements.
Pekarna Pečjak d. o. o has succeeded with a break-through on the home and foreign markets with a wide range of tasty products ready to bake, cooking or frying, which do not require much of our time before they can be put on the table. Sales successes prove that these products were accepted by various groups of consumers – of different age groups, gender, living standards and lifestyles. For their quality, the products of Pekarna Pečjak d. o. o have been awarded numerous prizes at various fairs.
Upon the accession of Slovenia into the EU, we successfully endured the pressure of foreign competition on the Slovenian market..even more, we increased our market share. We also took advantage of the better opportunities for penetrating the European market consumers resulting from the abolition of customs obstacles with regard to quality and taste, the products of Pekarna Pečjak d. o.o. are among the very best in Europe. The production process of Pekarna Pečjak d.o.o. is among the most flexible ones in this branch, since we are able, in case of emergency, to react within 24 hours.
We are present with our products central Europe wide, Scandinavia, Russia, Middle East Balkans and Malta. Just to know: Pekarna Pečjak d. o. o is the biggest producer of famous burek in the EU.
Pekarna Pečjak d. o. o sells its products also under the brand name Take&Bake; it is designed for the foreign markets only.
Tax number: SI 58459774
Company registration number: 5879612
NOVA LJUBLJANSKA BANKA, d.d.
IBAN: SI56 0292 3001 4789 730
UNICREDIT BANK, d. d.
IBAN: SI56 2900 0000 2023 665
- Bread and baking pastries
- Puff pastry products
- Danish pastry products
- Danish pastry products – with filling
- Filo dough products
- Sponge cake products
- Potato dough products
- Linzer dough products
- Leavened puff pastry products
- Pancake batter products
- Rolled egg pasta
- Pressed egg pasta
- Filled egg pasta
- United Kingdom
- Czech Republic
Standards and awards
Standards of operation and production
Since 2000, our entire manufacturing process is based on HACCP standards and principles.
In 2006 and every year since, we have obtained the International Food Standard (IFS) certificate. This means that every year, the manufacturing and managing process is strictly verified by international evaluators.
In 2006 we also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 Standard, which we upgraded in 2009 to ISO 9001:2008.
As the first bakery in Slovenia, we have acquired the oval veterinary stamp that allows us to manufacture and sell products stuffed with meat. The adequacy of the production is directly supervised by the EU inspectors.
We regularly renew our Halal certificate, which guarantees that our manufacturing process meets the standards of the Islamic community.
Product standards and awards
In 2014, we have received the Non-GMO (genetically modified organism) standard for our dried egg pasta.
Our products regularly receive various awards. Since 2007, we have received 42 golden awards of the Slovenian Chamber of Commerce and Industry for our frozen products, rolled pasta, and different types of bread and pastries. We received the most awards – nine – for our cottage cheese burek, but also for rolled noodles, chocolate bends and other products.
We were also awarded the SQ sign for Slovene Quality.
We are adopting a clean label standard.
- We developed innovative, fortified products.
- We were the first in Slovenia to develop rolled pasta that cannot be overcooked.
- We have developed our own unique method for drying the pasta and shortened the time of the procedure without affecting either the quality or the taste of the final products.
- We are the biggest manufacturer of burek in the Balkan area.
- We use the most advanced freezing technique in South-East Europe.
- We have developed pre-risen products that can be baked immediately; there is no need to wait for them to rise.
- We were the first in Slovenia to start using margarine without harmful trans fat acids as early as in 2004.
- Our tasters have something new to try every day, but only one product in twenty is put on the market.
- All the products are tested in our microbiological, physical and chemistry laboratory.
- The management of the company knows every single employee by name.
Family.The Pečjak bakery is a family company. It has been owned and guided by the Pečjak family for two generations. Today, the company is led by the founders’ children, Silvester, Majda and Tanja, and their spouses.
- Employees. Happy and loyal employees are our the most important capital. We are proud to announce that our salaries are higher than the industry-average. We also support further education of our employees based on our business requirements and their wishes, organise regular sports activities, traditional company-wide meetings and are always ready to help those in need.
- Delicious and high-quality products. Regardless of the price, we always use natural, traditional ingredients: fresh eggs and milk, cheese without added vegetable fat, high-quality meat, walnuts and fresh apples. When developing recipes for individual ingredients, we always collaborate with the providers and make our own judgements of the most delicate ingredients. The quality of our products is brought to an even higher level by a copious amount of filling, which is our trademark in Slovenia and abroad.
- Quick preparation. We make products that are equal to traditionally prepared meals when it comes to taste and quality, but can be prepared in half an hour or less. This is one reason that our products are very popular for use at home, but also in hotels, restaurants, schools, kindergartens and hospitals.
We are very proud of the fact that, apart from retiring due to old age, our employees practically never leave us. We employ whole families – parents and their grown-up children, brothers and sisters – and we are proud to employ locally. We have never considered moving production out of Slovenia. We made space in our company for people with handicaps, special needs and those who cannot find their place in society. We are encouraged by the fact that our employees are our most loyal customers.
We also make a point of helping people in our local environment. We offer our products for social events of various societies and associations, we donate funds for medical research centres, sports activities, children activities and to individuals in need of help.
Every year, we extend a helping hand to over a hundred of institutions and individuals.
Even though we grow as a company, our environmental impact is getting lower and lower. We replaced aluminium packaging with cellulose and reduced our PVC usage. We compress all recyclable waste and send our organic waste to be gasified. Part of the energy we use comes from our own 250 kW solar plant.
Short history of Pekarna Pečjak d.o.o.
1972 – Stanislav Pečjak opens a workshop for production of biscuits.
1978 – The beginning of fresh egg pasta production.
1984 – The production is moved to Škofljica, where the seat of the company remains to this day.
1991 – Start of the frozen products production.
1994 – A new plant is opened in Trzin to produce pasta.
1998 – A new plant in Trzin for production of frozen products based on filo dough and potato dough (6,000 m2).
2002 – A new plant in Trzin for production of products based on puff pastry and danish pastry dough (4,000 m2).
2004 – Stanislav Pečjak retires and his son, Silvester Pečjak, takes over the company.
2009 – The company builds its own microbiological, physics and chemistry laboratory.
2010 – For the first time, 10 % of the company’s turnover comes from abroad.
2011 – Company’s own development kitchen starts operating.
2012 – By the 40th anniversary, the company has over € 20m of income in Slovenia and abroad.
2014 – A subsidiary is founded in Croatia.
2015 – Start of the distribution of a comprehensive frozen products programme for private and public sector.